How is your walk with God going? Are you excited about what God is doing in your life or do you feel like you are in a funk?
I know a woman who has been having a really hard time in her job. She knows God has called her to a very specific role but can tell you all the reasons she is ready to move on to something else. The job is no longer enjoyable, the financial compensation is not as good as other opportunities, and she wants to feel like what she is doing matters.
As you are waiting for promises to be fulfilled – it is easy to get distracted with other opportunities or discouraged at not seeing progress.
You must keep your eyes on God and believe He will fulfill the promises He has given to you. Jesus was able to endure the cross because His eyes were fixed on the promise of His prize.Therefore, since we are encompassed with such a great cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
If you have been struggling to stand firm on God’s promises – it’s time to lay aside every weight and sin so you can run the race set before you.
Try some of the following to get yourself out of a funk and back into a place of faith:
- Write down the promises God has given you and put them next to your bed. Read them in the morning to get yourself focused on where you are going, not just where you are today.
- Spend some time remembering the faithfulness of God and the promises He has already fulfilled in your life. As you remind yourself of what God has already done, it will stir your faith to believe He will do it again.
- Pray in tongues to build yourself up and get outside of your natural understanding.
- Find a friend who will encourage you to believe God at His word and cheer on your steps of faith.
- Take action to see the promises of God manifest into the now. If you are believing for God to take you to the nations as a missionary get a passport in faith. If you are believing God to own a business buy some entrepreneurship books. Take action!
God has promises for you that will come to pass!
Let me know what action you are going to take this week as a step of faith to seeing a promise fulfilled. Seriously, reply to this email and let me know what you are doing – sometimes just letting someone else know is all the accountability you need.